Contribute to the shipping/receiving, sampling/issuing, distribution and storage of materials, supplies and products in a safe and efficient manner that is compliant with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), government regulations and customer’s expectations.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Assist with waste management procedures through sorting waste, removing waste to designated areas, preparing solid waste containers for shipping and monitoring the removal of liquid waste from the facility, and completing waste related documentation (e.g. batch sheet, manifest) according to internal procedures and applicable legislation (e.g. Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act)
- Receive raw materials, product contact and engineering materials into SAP system
- Sample materials and products by reviewing and preparing documentation, preparing the sampling and protective equipment, obtaining the sample and submitting to the Lab Services testing function under the direction of more senior technicians
- Clean sampling tools and dispose of residual waste from sampling operation
- Apply labels and lot numbers to identify materials for production and complete applicable documentation
- Verify, receive, unpack and distribute general deliveries to designated locations
- Issue batches to production by reviewing control and material safety data sheets, selecting + weighing + staging the required raw materials, intermediates and final products, and completing the batch sheet documentation under the direction of more senior technicians
- Monitor stock by checking storage areas and ensuring containers are in good condition, properly stored and rotated according to the First to expire principle
- Perform and document inventory cycle counts of materials and products as part of the material management function
- Cleaning activities such as washing the warehouse floor and wiping pallets. Document in cleaning log.
- Contribute to administrative tasks such as completing equipment and personal protective equipment inspections, temperature recordings and completing report documentation
- Actively pursues the completion of level I training
- Participates in opportunities to develop industry relevant warehousing knowledge
- Practices compliance with cGMP and safe operations
- Secondary school education
- Minimum 1+ years experience in a warehouse position is an asset. Preferably, experience within the pharmaceutical or fine chemical industry
- Ability to work rotating 12-hour continental shifts
- Skills and knowledge in handling hazardous chemicals (WHMIS) is an asset
- Understanding of cGMP is an asset
- Knowledge in the operation of equipment such as a drum clamps and forklift is an asset
- Ability to work within a warehouse environment (indoor/outdoor, physical demands)
- Previous experience with SAP software is an asset • E.H.S. Focus
- Passionately Reliable
- Rapid Responsiveness
- Innovative Efficiency
- Detail Orientation
- Must frequently move materials (ex. 55 gallon drums) using material handling equipment (i.e. forklift, pallet truck, etc.).
- May be required to lift and handle individual loads up to 25kg.
- Must be clean shaven to wear provided respiratory protection.
- Must wear provided PPE
- E.g. Coveralls, safety eyewear, gloves, and safety footwear
To apply for this job email your details to ApplyNow@rnces.ca