- The Adult Day Program (ADP) is a full-day community-based program, offering respite to caregivers and providing older adults and persons with age-related conditions with individualized plans of care. Programs are also being offered virtually.
- Reporting to the Day Program Supervisor, you will design, develop, implement and evaluate group and individualized wellness programs for frail seniors and seniors with cognitive impairment in an Adult Day Program.
- Health and Dental Benefits, pension, and opportunities for career growth
Job Duties / Responsibilities
- Design, develop, implement and evaluate group and individualized wellness programs for frail seniors and seniors with cognitive impairment
- The program includes variety of social and wellness activities, companionship, nutritious snacks, and lunch in a safe, friendly, and caring environment while addressing social isolation for older adults
- Activities include exercise, mental stimulation, crafts, relaxation programs, entertainment, health promotion, and disease prevention.
- Degree or diploma in Therapeutic Recreation, Recreation Therapy, Recreation and Leisure Studies, Social Service Worker Gerontology or related field.
- Understands the concepts of health and wellness as it pertains to therapeutic program planning.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Experience in developing partnerships to enhance therapeutic programming.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Actively participates as a team member and works with others to achieve common goals.
- Understands proper body mechanics for safe assistance with clients.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Database, PowerPoint or Publisher) and knowledge in social media platforms for virtual programming.
- Current certifications in Food Handler’s Course, First Aid and CPR.
- Training in Montessori principles for dementia programming an asset.
- Fluency in both official languages (English & French) and/or other language(s), an asset
- Availability Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Physical demands of home care and personal care
To apply for this job email your details to ApplyNow@rnces.ca