Performs preventative and corrective maintenance to ensure optimal efficiency and safety of operations.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly preventative maintenance procedures to maintain equipment, facility, heating/cooling systems, pumps compressors, etc.
- Install, modify, service, and dismantle mechanical equipment with assistance from a more senior technician
- Dismantle and fully service diaphragm pumps
- Perform calibration Preventative Maintenance on plant instrumentation
- Identify, resolve and communicate system/equipment breakdowns with assistance from a more senior technician
- Operate shop equipment as required
- Perform general maintenance including cleaning, emergency snow removal, painting, lighting, pipe cleaning and housekeeping
- Actively train on SOP’s, Technical Manuals and safety procedures as required
- Maintain cleanliness and order of work area to ensure cGMP and safety compliance
- Act as a representative of the Maintenance group in dealing with cross-functional team/task forces on issues such as validation, process optimization and product/process interruptions
- Understanding of equipment, location and site layout
- Working knowledge of DCS, bailey system and ADT security
- Complete documentation such as maintenance logs, manuals and inventory control records as per cGMP guidelines
- Collaborate with, and contribute to the Maintenance group
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent
Evidence of working towards a qualified certificate or trade license would be an asset
- Minimum 0-2 years experience in a maintenance role, preferably within pharmaceutical or food manufacturing and/or research facility operating under high quality and safety standards.
- Ability to work on a 7/24 schedule under diverse working conditions
- Strong mechanical skills and aptitude
- Ability to understand blueprints
- Working knowledge of condensers, pumps, refrigeration and compressor systems
- Knowledge of Preventive Maintenance concept • E.H.S. Focus
- Passionately Reliable
- Rapid Responsiveness
- Innovative Efficiency
- Detail Orientation
- Occasionally handles loads (ex. 55 gallon drums) using material handling equipment (i.e. forklift, pallet truck, etc.).
- May be required to lift and handle individual loads up to 25kg.
- May be required to work in environments involving hazardous energy, heights and restricted access.
- Must be clean shaven to wear provided respiratory protection.
- Must wear provided PPE
- E.g. Fall protection, coveralls, safety eyewear, gloves, and safety footwear.
To apply for this job email your details to ApplyNow@rnces.ca