Responsible for performing scheduled maintenance, service, and skilled mechanical work in the diagnosis and repair of large and small passenger school buses and vans. Safety and positive customer relations are the cornerstones of this role.
Job Duties / Responsibilities
• Diagnose problems and determine the extent of repairs or adjustments needed for vehicles and equipment
• Maintain, adjust, repair, rebuild, and overhaul operating systems including electrical, charging, starting, fuel, ignition, cooling, air conditioning, heating, suspension, braking, steering and hydraulic systems, checks lighting and charging systems for proper operation, and repairs as necessary.
• Review and follow Landmark Bus Lines maintenance process.
• Service vehicles and other motorized equipment following and completing company checklist with no exceptions including fluids, lubricants, safety items and undercoating completed at each service with complete Krown application at PM1 and critical area’s at remaining 3 PM’s
• Complete all minor repairs at time of vehicle service.
• Report excessive repairs for approval.
• Address ABS lights and engine warning lights on regulated inspections (PM1 and PM2)
• Remove and replace filters and batteries; check and recharge air conditioning systems
• Perform engine tune-ups, small engine repair including diagnosing, repairing, replacements, or adjustments
• Remove and install alternators, generators, starters, water and fuel pumps, carburetors, steering mechanisms, mufflers and clamps.
• Maintain, adjust, repair, rebuild, and overhaul components such as engines, transmissions, drive shafts, differentials, air brakes, radiators, and bodies.
• Operate vehicle testing and operating equipment.
• Construct & fabricate special bodies, housings, brackets and accessories using machining tools & equipment
• Prepare records and reports of work associated with vehicles and post repair orders and keep maintenance records of time spent, materials and parts used and type of work performed in automated system.
• Comply with parts purchasing as per company policy and in our best interest
• Organize, clean and maintain workshop area, equipment and tools and shop
• Drive vehicles into and out of service bays.
• Perform roads tests and test drive and/or inspect vehicles and equipment for wear, damage or specific problems that might affect performance.
• Responsible to comply with the cold weather start-up procedures.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with team members and management in a team environment.
• Set-up and organize individual work area with designated supplies, forms and resource materials
• Must have a “G” License or a B Class License, not a probationary license
• Certified Truck/Coach Auto Mechanics license and satisfactory completion and ongoing updates of automotive technology programs
• A satisfactory drivers abstract
• 2-3 years work experience in the mechanical repair and maintenance of all company related vehicles
• Knowledge of safety rules and precautions related to the use of tools, vehicles and equipment
• Knowledge of methods, tools, materials, equipment and procedures used in the diagnosis, overhaul, repair and adjustment of components and systems for vehicles and equipment
• Propane and Drive Clean certificates
• Ability to diagnose mechanical problems using diagnostic equipment as necessary, and make adjustments and repairs to systems and components of vehicles and equipment
• Ability to proficiently use the tools and equipment such as engine analyzer, battery, starter, cooling system and voltage testers
• Ability to exercise independent judgment to diagnose and determine cause of mechanical problems
• Ability to read, interpret and apply diagnostic codes, maintenance manuals, electrical diagrams, vehicle emission control standards and related specification manuals
- Prolonged standing, strenuous work, lifting and carrying objects up to 80 lbs.;
- work safely with dust, grease, oil, flammable and toxic materials;
- frequent hand-eye coordination
To apply for this job email your details to ApplyNow@rnces.ca