Purpose of Job
Reporting to the Centre Director, the Early Childhood Educator is a crucial member of the childcare team. The role involves implementing enriched programs, ensuring adherence to curriculum objectives, and maintaining the highest standards of care in line with their mission statement. The mission is to provide quality primary and backup childcare services conveniently located near parents’ workplaces, thereby supporting corporations in creating a healthy work/life balance.
- Plan and implement enriched programs: Develop and execute engaging and age-appropriate programs aligned with curriculum objectives, developmentally appropriate practices, and the program philosophy.
- Lead children in activities:
- Engage children through storytelling, singing songs, teaching musical instruments, organizing crafts, and promoting opportunities for creative expression.
- Provide supervision and interaction:
- Take a leadership role in the classroom, ensuring excellent supervision and positive interaction with children during all activities, both indoors and outdoors.
- Assess individual and group needs:
- Observe children in their surroundings, assess their needs, and make necessary adjustments to ensure their emotional, social, physical, and cognitive well-being.
- Foster teamwork and communication:
- Promote open communication and collaborate effectively as a team member, providing continuous information and contributing to a positive work environment.
- Provide training and act as a role model:
- Offer guidance and serve as a role model for students, supply staff, and new team members.
- Meet children’s needs:
- Address the emotional, social, physical, and cognitive needs of each child in the classroom, ensuring their well-being and development.
- Adhere to center policies:
- Follow all center policies outlined in the Staff Policy Manual, including behavior management, serious occurrence reporting, anaphylactic protocol, technology use, fire drills, workplace harassment and violence prevention, and health and safety practices.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment:
- Prepare and maintain indoor and outdoor play areas, ensuring toys and equipment are safe, and perform housekeeping and sanitizing duties as required.
- Foster positive relationships with families:
- Maintain open, friendly, and cooperative relationships with each child’s family, ensuring effective communication and partnership.
- Attend meetings and workshops:
- Attend monthly staff meetings and participate in staff development workshops to enhance professional growth.
- Flexibility: Assist in other classrooms or locations when requested.
- Perform assigned duties: Carry out additional related duties as assigned
- Registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators (R.E.C.E.) preferred
- Possess a Degree in Bachelor of Education or an Early Childhood Education Diploma preferred
- Previous teaching experience outside Canada is an asset
- A clear vulnerable criminal record check
- Immunization record Up To Date
- Maintain up-to-date C.P.R. and First Aid Level C certification
- High standard of professionalism.
- Enthusiasm for serving the public and ensuring equal care for all children and clients in accordance with company standards.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to listen and respond appropriately to clients’ and children’s needs.
- High energy level and strong work ethic.
- Ability to handle confidential information with integrity and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Must be capable of lifting, pushing, or pulling up to 45 pounds.
To apply for this job email your details to ApplyNow@rnces.ca