Pre-Employment Skills Program
Exploration of Career Goals, Personal Strengths and Interests to Transition into Employment Focused Activities.
A 12-week structured program geared towards individuals who are further away from the labour market and require support to establish life and employment goals and identify life stabilization supports to address needs.
Designed for participants who have been unemployed for over 2 years, held short-term employment or have retention issues. Needs for address could include low education levels, limited language proficiency, physical or mental health challenges, lack of Canadian work experience, etc. The program will assist individuals with transitioning into employment focused activities, such as vocational skill based training and volunteering, or sustainable employment.
Program activities will include:
- Vocational Evaluation to determine employment options
- Career pathway exploration and labour market research
- Development of an individualized action plan based on abilities and interests
- Daily workshops and customized learning activities
- Ongoing communication and coaching from a Vocational Counsellor
- Assistance to overcome personal barriers and move closer to the labour market
- Transition into employment focused activities
- Post-program/hiring supports for 6 months following program completion
Areas of focus during workshops will include:
- Workplace essential skills
- Computer skill training
- Career and life skill development
- Motivation and confidence building
- Job search techniques
- Health and Safety training
- Other tailored workshops and guest speaker sessions
Eligibility and Participation Details:
- Must be an Ontario Works recipient living in the City of Toronto
- Participant must be legally eligible to work in Ontario
- Available to participate in the entirety of the core program and retention phase and maintain ongoing communication with Vocational Counsellor throughout
- Participants will receive $250 in monthly support funds once accepted into the program
- Program is offered remotely through online video conferencing, email and telephone
Get In TouchContact us to learn more about our programs and services.
RNC Employment Services
Program offered in Toronto via virtual participation.
Program is provided at NO cost to you!
Funding is provided by Toronto Employment & Social Services.