Customers FIRST for Women Program
Designed to advance you towards employment in the customer service industry.
Our 8-week employment focused program is designed to support Participants with developing their hard and soft skills for a career in the customer service sector.
Participants will develop a better understanding of the customer service sector and establish career goals through labour market exploration, skills training and work based learning completed during the program. Understanding of labour market trends within the customer service sector, and exposure to work environments and employer expectations are provided. Participants will increase their employability for the customer service sector and be better prepared to transition into employment or further education and skill training within the industry, following completion of the program.
Program activities include:
- Weekly Customer service skills training workshops
- Career exploration and activities to identify customer service roles across multiple sectors
- Applied computer skills training
- Effective job search strategies
- Work-based learning opportunities
- Competency Skills Assessment
- Individualized career coaching and employment plan development from an Employment Counsellor
- Understanding workplace culture and expectations in the industry
- Job matching to employers hiring in the field
- Post-program/hiring supports for 6 months following program completion
Skill Development workshops include:
- Customer Service Skills training, inclusive of communication, conflict resolution, professionalism, sales, product knowledge development
- Technology Skill training specific to the sector
- Job search techniques
- Workplace essential skills
- Career and life skill development
- Health and Safety and AODA training
Eligibility and Participation Details:
- Must be an Ontario Works recipient living in the City of Toronto
- Functional English skills and basic computer knowledge required
- Participant must be legally eligible to work in Ontario
- Available to participate in the entirety of the core program and retention phase and maintain ongoing communication with Vocational Counsellor throughout
- Participants will receive $250 in monthly support funds once accepted into the program
- Program is offered remotely through online video conferencing, email and telephone
Get In TouchContact us to learn more about our programs and services.
RNC Employment Services
Program offered in Toronto via virtual participation.
Program is provided at NO cost to you!
Funding is provided by Toronto Employment & Social Services.