Career Assessment and Exploration Program
Effective counselling, assessment and goal development supports to move Participants closer to the labour market and or employment.
A comprehensive 6-week program geared towards individuals who need support to overcome barriers and establish life and employment goals to move closer to the labour market, transition into employment focused activities or sustainable employment.
Barriers may include long term unemployment, limited work experience, low levels of education, weak essential skills, mental and physical health, lack of a social support system, etc. The program includes the administration of a psycho-vocational assessment, as well as life skill development and one-on-one vocational counselling sessions by a Vocational Counsellor, supervised by a Registered Clinical Psychologist.
Program activities will include:
- One-on-one support and counselling sessions with a Vocational Rehabilitation Counsellor
- Weekly group workshops focused on workplace essential skills, career and life skills, and job search techniques
- Establishing career and life goals based on results of the Psycho-vocational Assessment
- Assistance to overcome personal barriers and move closer to the labour market
- Transition into employment focused activities
- Post-program/hiring supports for 6 months following program completion
The Psycho-Vocational Assessment will identify the following noted below, and help the Vocational Counsellor develop an Action Plan with the participant:
- learning potential, strengths and challenges
- upgrading and training potential
- personality characteristics and interests
- vocational skills and abilities
- academic aptitudes
- transferable skills
- suitable occupations
Eligibility and Participation Details:
- Must be an Ontario Works recipient living in the City of Toronto
- Participant must be legally eligible to work in Ontario
- Available to participate in the entirety of the core program and retention phase and maintain ongoing communication with Vocational Counsellor throughout
- Participants will receive $250 in monthly support funds once accepted into the program
- Program is offered remotely through online video conferencing, email and telephone
Get In TouchContact us to learn more about our programs and services.
RNC Employment Services
Program offered in Toronto via virtual participation.
Program is provided at NO cost to you!
Funding is provided by Toronto Employment & Social Services.